Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Dress

This year like the past 3 years I have sewn my own Easter Dress. Each year is different and I usually find some kind of fabric that yells at me that it would be the perfect dress for me to have Easter morning. Well I was going to wear Martha this year. But my lovely husband took me to the opening of JoAnn's here in my town and I fell in love with this blue with white polka dot seersucker. And then when I got home I found the best pattern to make it with, they just screamed to be together.

View B is the one I fell in love with. Isn't she so cheerful? Anyway here is the finished product:


Close up of the bodice:


I think the red belt, bow and shoes pulled this outfit together so well. It rained on Easter but I felt like it was a sunny day in this dress. How can you not feel sunny in a dress this cheery?

No comments:

Post a Comment